Corporate Donation Matching
Did you know that there are many companies that match parent’s contributions to the Roosevelt PTA!? Some firms will match dollar-per-dollar, and others will match a portion of the contribution, up to a pre-determined maximum amount. In addition, some companies facilitate their employee’s charitable giving through payroll deduction. Here’s how you and your employer can help donate to the Roosevelt PTA Enrichment Fund:
1) Determine if your company offers matching
- Determine if your company offers a corporate match program for charitable contributions:
- Here is a link of known Bay Area Companies that match employee donations http://www.masterworks.org/support/matchinggifts.pdf
- If you do not see your company on the list please contact your HR department and find out if they do match or if they are willing to set something up.
2) We can help
- Our company matching chair this year is Melinda Moye. She can be reached at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions she may be able to help you through the process.
- By Check:
Make your tax-deductible donation by check payable to Roosevelt PTA
- Through our website/Paypal:
- By Cash/In person
You can also make your initial payment on Maze Days (in August each year)
- When you donate – you will be issued a receipt. Keep it – your company will need this for matching.
- You’ll need the Roosevelt PTA tax ID: 946173875
- Follow the company-specified process in the table below, or provided by your corporate/HR contact
COMPANIES WITH KNOWN MATCHING PROCESSES
|Amgen||$20,000||Amgen matches every dollar donated by employee to from $50 to $20,000 for full time staff and from $50-$10,000 for part-time staff.
Submit a request for Matching Gift by completing an online registration form on Amgen website. Matches year-round but only within 90 days of the donation. To check on status of donation check the Giving History section of the Amgen Foundation Matching Gifts Homepage. You can also call or email the Amgen Foundation Matching gift program at (855) 266-6773 or email@example.com
Amgen also does volunteer service grants up to $2000 a year for time that employees volunteer at 501c3 organizations.
|Genentech||$2,000||Submit match request through the We Give portal. Roosevelt Elementary School PTA is already set up as an ‘eligible cause’ (Note: Be sure to select Roosevelt PTA in Redwood City as there is also a Roosevelt School in Burlingame)
Genentech also matches volunteer hour at a rate of $10/hr up to a maximum of $30 hours (($300) per year, per employee. Then you can donate the matched dollars to Roosevelt PTA
|Kaiser||$200||Currently the program is only available for enrollment every November. The website is not available for use until November when the program re-launches for the new campaign year. All physicians and employees will receive an email Oct 31st notifying them they will have the ability to use their employee single sign on Nov 1st on www.kp.org/kpgives to make donations to their charity or charities of choice. You can do it through a payroll deduction or credit card.
Note your donation must be made sometime between November 1st and 30th! KP will match the first 2,250 donations.
|Oracle||$300||On website go to
1. https://oracle.benevity.org/dashboard on the MyCitizenship portal
2. Click on Make a Donation and select Request a Match
3. Input your donation amount and date
4. Upload a receipt that includes the donor name, donation date, and donation amount
5. You may add a note in the optional section if you want
6. Select Confirm Match Request. Only US employees will be able to request a donation match
|Salesforce||$2,500||Salesforce employees can submit their donation matching requests using the internal Salesforce.org (Foundation) app and complete the “Request Match” web. Attach donation receipt|
|The William and Flora Hewlett Foundation||Matching Timing: Year round. You must submit your request for the match within 1 year of the gift date.
Minimum gift match amount: $25
Company Contact: Finance dept 650-234-4695
Matching website: https://consiva.net/account/login