- Tuesday, 10/17
- 3rd Grade and Beyond Night: 6:00-7:00pm
- Thursday, 10/19
- Great Shake Out Earthquake Drill
- Staurday, 10/21
- Beautiful Day: 8:30am – 1:20pm
- PTA Meeting 6pm (3rd Grade Presenting)
- First Grade San Francisco Zoo Field Trip
- Galeotti’s Fundraiser: 12:00pm-9:00pm
- Spooktacular Bingo: 6:00-8:00pm
- Costume Parade: 8:15am
- Roosevelt Rockin’ Jog-a-thon!
Beautiful Day: This Saturday (Oct 21)
Beautiful Day is this Saturday October 21st, from 8:30 am -1:30 pm. This is an annual event where volunteers sign up ahead of time to work on projects at various schools in our district – including Roosevelt! Projects range from garden projects, painting, deep cleaning, spreading mulch, weeding, and more. The theme is to DO GOOD TOGETHER, and this happens as people from different Redwood City communities come together to serve our schools.
Please invite friends and family to work with you on the project of your choice. You’ll get a uniform-approved Beautiful Day shirt, lunch, and the chance to do good.
Spooktacular Bingo (Fri, Oct 27)
- multi-prize bingo all night!
- a costume contest!
- Halloween carnival games!
- huge pumpkin-weight guessing contest!
- pizza, veggies, snacks and drinks for sale!
- six bullets-worth of exclamation marks!
Find the hidden word in the hidden poster in this newsletter to win a free game ticket!
Rockin’ Jog-a-thon (Thu, Nov 9)
The Rockin’ Jog-a-thon is a fun, healthy way to raise money to support Roosevelt programs. Our pledge drive is now underway to raise funds for Art for All, Education Outside, technology upgrades, enrichment programs and much more.
- We’ve teamed up with The Get Movin’ Crew to make this event fun, easy, and a great boost to PTA funding efforts
- Please help us by helping your child raise a target total of $75 in donations
- It’s easy! Just help your child gather five $15 flat donations or more
We Need Families to Complete 3 Easy Online Steps!
- Register your Child by visiting thegetmovincrew.com. It’s free, super easy, and takes only a few minutes!
- Share your child’s fundraising webpage via email to 10-15 friends and/or family.
- Post on Facebook or Social Media. It’s two clicks to post. The average parent has 300 Facebook friends. You’ll be surprised when donations come in from distant relatives, friends from high school, and co-workers. Post and see what happens!
- Event Date: Thurs 11/9/17
- Final donation due date: Thurs 11/9/17
- Donate online until: Thursday 11/16/17
- Donations in the form of cash & checks (in-school donations), should be turned in to the school.
- Make checks payable to: Roosevelt PTA
- View your child’s donation total on their Student Fundraising Webpage!
- All students will receive a uniform-approved Roosevelt Rockin’ Jog-A-Thon t-shirt
- Register at thegetmovincrew.com = Free Dress Fridays for the rest of the school year
- Any donation in-school = Free dress Fridays for the rest of the year
- Reach individual goal of $75 raised and receive a pedometer to track your steps
Good Eggs Fundraiser: Through November
Enter the code ROOSEVELT when you enroll to get $25 off of your first order. Sign up by tonight – October 15 – and you’ll be entered to win a week of free dinners! It’s easy as 1-2-3 (see below for detailed instructions):
- Go to www.goodeggs.com and fill your basket with all the best food (fresher than fresh produce, easy and delicious meal kits, kid’s school lunch kits, sustainable meats & seafood, snacks, staples and more) for same-day delivery on Good Eggs.
- At checkout, enter the code ROOSEVELT to get $25 off and automatically enroll — you only need to enter this code once.
- Enjoy! You just discovered the easiest and most delicious way to support your school. All your orders in October and November will count toward our school fundraiser and give 10% of all purchases back to the Roosevelt!